Autumn is the perfect time to start preparing your vessel for overwintering, so that in spring it's pretty much ready to go as soon as you are!
- Swish the fuel tank with 2 stroke oil
- Drain the fuel line
- Check and clean the fuel filter
- Check battery electrolytes and top up with distilled or purified water
- Check the pull cord for fraying
- Lubricate the steering gear and other moving parts
- Flush the cooling system with water, then drain by pull starting starting with plugs disconnected
- Check the condition of the propeller and repair if necessary
- Keep the reserve buoyancy clean and dry
- Clean the hull and touch up with paint if necessary (but don't paint the anodes)
- Store the vessel in dry, vented place with the engine upright
The TSV website has some great general maintenance tips and what you need to know to ensure your vessel is fit for purpose.
This information has been supplied by: Transport Safety Victoria