Watch our video!
- Launch your boat at the Patterson River launch ramp or motor to the lakes waterway from anywhere in Port Phillip.
- Cruise around the Patterson Lakes canal estate (best viewing 2 weeks before Christmas) and view the wonderful Christmas lights from the comfort to your boat.
- Take the kids in there dressing gowns and make sure their wearing approved pfd's and take some nibbles, drinks and your camera!
- This location and visual display is fast closing in on the famous Christmas lights that decorate houses in Ivanhoe, along the Boulevard
- Remember - NO car parking hassles, best experienced on a warm summers night and ONLY visible from the water on your boat (kayak, SUP or canoe)
ABOUT MY BOOK:
Honey, let's go BOATING!
101 bucket list of boating destinations (Victorian edition)
From secret inland waterways to postcard-perfect coastlines, Honey, let’s go BOATING! is the definitive book on Victorian boating destinations.
Darren Finkelstein’s latest book is a bucket list of more than 101 must-see boating locations in Victoria and features more than 930 pages on the state’s best boating escapes.
Finkelstein says his new book is perfect for seasoned boaties and keen amateurs alike.
“I’ve written the book for a wide variety of people - for skippers to know where’s a great place to go in particular conditions and for mums and dads to explain to their kids about the destinations to which they are going boating so they get an understanding of the history behind these terrific places so many Melbournians take for granted,” he says.
“Getting out in a boat is a fantastic family holiday and a great way to get the kids off the computer and out into the great outdoors.”
“You can go to the footy in your boat, a lot of people do that by heading down to Etihad Stadium in the boat instead of battling the traffic and trying to find a car parking spot,” he says.
“At Christmas time you can jump in your boat and head down to Patterson Lakes where there are Christmas lights in the houses along the canals.”
Honey, let’s go BOATING! is the follow-up sequel to Finkelstein’s award winning best-selling Honey, let’s buy a BOAT!, an expert guide on how to buy and sell a recreational power boat.
Honey, let’s go BOATING! is packed full of historical information, tables, locations of boat ramps and refuelling stations – even the nearest place to grab a good coffee! Finkelstein has interviewed some of Victoria’s most experienced boaties to provide a wealth of secret gems, hidden locations and excellent fishing tips.
Honey, let’s go BOATING! covers Melbourne CBD and Rivers, Port Phillip, Western Port, Gippsland Lakes, Bellarine and Mornington Peninsula’s, West Coast, Wilsons Promontory and inland waterways, lakes and rivers.
“Victorians often consider ourselves the ugly sister in boating terms when you look at New South Wales and Queensland, but we really have a whole lot of places to go with a really diverse history,” Finkelstein says after all ‘Life Is Better With A Boat’.
Click here to order your copy in both formats.
The 930 page paperback or our eBook (.pdf) suitable for all devices and terrific for your iPad.
Makes an ideal Christmas Gift!